Elie Wiesner (Victim)
May 23, 1943Warsaw Ghetto
Why do I continue to tell myself that I am going to live a long happy life? My best friend was just transported to a death camp. I have no one left in my life. No family that loves me or no friends. I am not afraid to die anymore. I feel as though death is always upon me. I never cry anymore, or pray. I do not think that there is anyone to pray for anymore. All I do is wait to die. Wait to be transported to a death camp. I do not talk to anyone anymore.
In a way I do want to be transferred to a death camp. I have nothing else to live for in my life anymore, I have no reason to live. I want to be reunited with my family and with my friends, and I will do whatever it takes to be with them again.
I am going to ask one of the German guards if I could be transported with the other Jews that are being transported. He is going to have to say yes. I will soon be with my family again and I will be happy again.

No comments:
Post a Comment