July 26, 1943
Warsaw Ghetto
At this moment I am scared to death. I am scared to die. I would hate to lose this war. We Jews have been blamed for everything. We are as good as anyone else if not better. We did not do half of the things the Germans accused us of doing. We are not bad people we are just people that have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.I want to win this battle so we can prove to the Germans that they are not better than us. This is going to be a very tough battle to win, though. They are going to have a lot more weapons than us. We need to be ready. I want to save the Jews that are not in the war. Many Jews at this moment are being transported and I want that to stop. I hope no more more Jews will be hurt. It is not fair for innocent Jews to die. If I die during the war at least I know that I would have died trying to fight for what is right, and that is all that matters to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment